The 2023 Coding with Scratch Programming Bundle
Intro to Coding with Scratch
- Experience level required: Beginner
- Access 25 lectures & 1 hour of content 24/7
- Length of time users can access this course: Lifetime
25 Lessons (1h)
- Your First Program
- IntroductionIntroduction1:00Course FilesAdditional ResourcesAdding Sprites4:07
- Algorithms & BlocksYour First Algorithm - Part 11:48Your First Algorithm - Part 21:16Adding More Blocks - Part 11:49Adding More Blocks - Part 22:37What is an Algorithm?Algorithm ApplicationsAlgorithm Flowcharts and ChallengeAlgorithm Challenge SolutionCoordinate System2:48
- Scratch Mini-ProjectsCat Movement Mini-Project - Part 12:48Cat Movement Mini-Project - Part 23:35Challenge - Flowchart of the Cat MovementChallenge Solution - Flowchart of the Cat MovementIterations with Dancing Mini-Project - Part 12:52Iterations with Dancing Mini-Project - Part 23:42Repetition and Branching in AlgorithmsChallenge - Repetition AlgorithmChallenge Solution - Repetition AlgorithmChallenge - Branching AlgorithmChallenge Solution - Branching Algorithm
Intro to Coding with Scratch
Coding is an important skill that empowers people to express themselves creatively and understand how to solve problems with computers. With Scratch, a free visual programming tool created by MIT, it’s also very easy to learn for users of any age – including children and adults alike.
Through this course, you’ll explore the foundations of Scratch, and learn how to use its drag-and-drop system by setting up your first two coding mini-projects. Along the way, you’ll discover how to use flowcharts and coding principles to create algorithms, which are essentially instructions that computers can understand.
No matter the type of projects you want to create in the future, these Scratch fundamentals will ensure you’re prepared to build animations, games, and more with coding.
- Use Scratch’s coding blocks
- Craft computer instructions with flowcharts
- Implement algorithms with Scratch
- Understand basic screen coordinates
- Deal with repetition & instruction branches
- Move & change sprites
- Length of time users can access this course: lifetime
- Access options: desktop & mobile
- Redemption deadline: redeem your code within 30 days of purchase
- Experience level required: beginner
- Have questions on how digital purchases work? Learn more here
- This course is suitable for both adults and young learners (9 and up) with no prior coding experience. Scratch is a free tool that runs on the web browser directly from the Scratch website
Scratch Projects: Fish Animation
Scratch Projects: Cat on Trampoline
Scratch Projects: Beach Clean Up Game
Intermediate Scratch: Self-Driving Car Simulation
- Unredeemed licenses can be returned for store credit within 30 days of purchase. Once your license is redeemed, all sales are final.